MG Philippines #TheExtraordinary5 Media Ride-and-Drive
Aug 01, 2022
MG PHILIPPINES EMBARKS ON A STRONG SEMESTER 2 CAMPAIGN IN 2022 WITH “THE EXTRAORDINARY 5” MEDIA RIDE-AND-DRIVE EVENT AT BATAAN PENINSULA
· “The Extraordinary 5 with MG Philippines” was a media ride-and-drive event held from July 26-28, 2022, highlighting the MG 5 sedan and its numerous product wins and exceptional value.
· “The Extraordinary 5” event brought motoring media journalists from the country’s top publications to the idyllic Bataan Peninsula, where the media were able to extensively test drive the MG 5 sedan to gain a firsthand experience of the vehicle’s features and driving dynamics.
· The event introduced the MG 5 Core CVT Plus—the latest MG 5 Sedan variant in MG Philippines’ stable—to media members in attendance.
· Aside from highlighting the MG 5 Sedan, MG Philippines also conceptualized a ride and drive event featuring five (5) extraordinary experiences that aligned with the lifestyle proposition of the MG 5, namely: Extraordinary Driving, Extraordinary Cuisine, Extraordinary Heritage, Extraordinary R&R, and overall an Extraordinary Philippines to be witnessed in Bataan.
· The MG 5 Sedan is available in five (5) variants and starts at a cash promo price of only Php 598,888; OR for a low, down payment of just Php 48K until September 30, 2022
· All brand-new MG cars come with MG Philippines’ signature aftersales complements including a 5-year/100,000km warranty, one (1) year free PMS, and access to 24/7 emergency services, to name a few.
The Covenant Car Company, Inc. (TCCCI) - MG Philippines – The number “5” is especially significant for the MG brand, as it alludes to one of MG’s most well-loved and popular global models: the MG 5 Sedan. Since MG Philippines first launched the product, the MG 5 has gained a positive reputation among Filipino motorists for being a car that over delivers in terms of its features and specifications, vis a vis its attainable price tag.
The MG 5’s product tagline is “Big in Features, Big in Comfort” and the car has more than lived up to this catchphrase. A case can be made for the MG 5 being the best-equipped among its peers as it boasts of features found in more upscale models. Such features include a user-friendly 10-inch touch screen infotainment head unit that runs both Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™; 360-degree vehicle view, which gives drivers a bird’s-eye view of their car; a power driver’s seat for optimum comfort adjustment; cruise control; and a tire pressure monitoring system just to name a few. In terms of physical size, the MG 5 is the longest (4,601mm) and widest (1,788mm) option in its class, and also features the longest wheelbase (2,680mm) resulting in a spacious and comfortable cabin, and 512-liters of luggage space in the boot.
The MG 5 Sedan is an on-paper stud, with its numerous features and impressive dimensions. The reality, however, is that it is a real-life performer that doesn’t disappoint when taken out on the road, and this was established with MG Philippines’ recent media-ride-and-drive event entitled “The Extraordinary 5 with MG Philippines” which was held from July 26-28, 2022 around Central Luzon, particularly the Bataan Peninsula. The event gathered members of the motoring media from top local publications and brought them out on an interactive test drive event centered around highlighting the MG 5 Sedan and how it excels for drivers, as a balanced, well-equipped driving machine; and for passengers, for the MG 5 Sedan’s superior comfort and space.
MG Philippines also took the opportunity to introduce the latest variant of the MG 5—the MG 5 Core Plus CVT—to a very eager media group. The MG 5 Core Plus CVT Sedan retains the easy driving subtleties of a smooth-shifting and efficient CVT gearbox, while beefing-up the variant with updated tech features such as a dynamic 6-speaker system, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and a reversing camera to make parking a breeze. The MG 5 Core Plus CVT is available with a very attractive set of promos, including a cash price of only Php 683,888, OR a low down payment price of only Php 63k.
“The Extraordinary 5” event also took the number “5” to heart, providing five extraordinary experiences for the motoring media that acted as touch points to punctuate their MG 5 experience. These were: An Extraordinary Drive with the MG 5 Sedan; Extraordinary Filipino Cuisine at Café Fleur by Chef Sau; Extraordinary Heritage at Mt. Samat National Shrine; Extraordinary R&R at La Jolla Luxury Resort; and Extraordinary Destinations at Bataanes in Bagac, Bataan—a scenic, untapped natural setting with great driving roads where the MG 5 could be put through its paces.
“MG Philippines conceptualized this bespoke event for the motoring media to give them a firsthand experience of the numerous product wins of the MG 5 Sedan. From enjoying its comfortably spacious cabin on long drives, to testing the car’s balanced and steady stance during spirited drives on winding hills and highways, the MG 5 is a true standout performer,” says Atty. Alberto B. Arcilla, President and CEO of MG Philippines. “Likewise, this event’s extraordinary touch points—including highlights like superb cuisine, local heritage sites, and picturesque destinations—punctuate the ride-and-drive event’s main message, that the MG5 is a capable and proficient partner on the road that is loaded with exceptional features, and available at attainable pricepoints”
MG Philippines is geared for a strong second semester in 2022, and the period opens with this immersive media event highlighting the popular MG 5 Sedan. The vehicle figures in many of MG Philippines’ efforts moving forward and has gained much acclaim both locally and internationally. “The Extraordinary 5 With MG Philippines” media ride-and-drive event provided an actual experience for what makes this car a true winner; and demonstrates what makes this car truly BIG—both literally and figuratively—in all aspects of the word.
Check out the MG 5 on MG Philippines’ proprietary online selling platform, BuyAnMG.com, to see the full range of MG 5 variants available for purchase. To learn more about MG Philippines, visit MGMotor.com.ph and follow us on our official Facebook (OfficialMGPhilippines) and Instagram (mg_philippines) accounts